How It Works
- “Final” Weight - This is the weight of the meat that each customer will bring home.
- Whole beef for $6.00 per lb
- Half beef for $6.50 per lb
- Quarter beef for $7.00 per lb
- 50 lbs for $7.50 per lb.
- This price includes our standard cuts, packaging, and 21 day dry aging of our 100% grass fed / finished, antibiotic free, hormone free, steroid free, GMO free, and grain free beef.
- Kiana Creek Ranch works with Innovative Foods located in Evans, CO, a USDA inspected custom meat processing facility. A USDA inspector is on site daily to monitor all harvest and process procedures to ensure the animals are treated humanely and food safety protocols are followed.
- Once the animal is processed the carcass will hang in a cooler and “dry age” for a standard of 21 days. Meat hanging improves the flavor allowing the natural enzymes in the meat to break down the tissues. Also at this time about 4% of the carcass weight is lost from water evaporating out of the meat which helps to concentrate the flavor.
- After the carcass has hung and “dry aged”, the butcher will break it down into cuts and Vacuum Package the meat in clear 3 mil plastic bags.
- For a very helpful guide of beef cuts and best ways to cook them, click here.
- For more information direct from Innovative Foods click here.
- We do not ship orders. Customers can pick up their order at Kiana Creek Ranch in Sedalia, CO.
- A general guide is 1 cubic foot of freezer space for 25-30 lbs. of packaged weight beef. Needed freezer space really varies with the choice of cuts and packaged weights.
- If you would like to order beef from Kiana Creek Ranch, but want the processing customized, we will sell based on a hanging weight price of $5.50 per lb. The customer is then responsible for butcher fees. For more information please contact us at Info@KianaCreekRanch.com